SFPD to Participate in National Night Out August 6
The San Francisco Police Department, in conjunction with the Safety Network Program, will again sponsor the annual National Night Out Against Crime events, on Tuesday, August 6. All ten district police stations will be participating.
National Night Out is the country’s united effort to promote neighborhood involvement to help stem crime. This is accomplished through strengthening police-community relations and encouraging neighborhood camaraderie by hosting neighborhood events. The police district events are as follows:
- Central District: Academy of Art, 655 ½ Sutter Street, 5:00-8:00 P.M.
- Southern District: Victoria Manalo Park, Folsom and Sherman streets, 5:00-8:00 P.M.
- Treasure Island: Gateview and Northpoint, 5:00-8:00 P.M.
- Bayview District: Mendell Plaza (Bayview Opera House), Third Street/Oakdale
Ave.5:00-8:00 P.M.; Youngblood Coleman Playground, Mendell Street/Fairfax Ave.,
- Mission District: Boys and Girls Club, 450 Guerrero Street, 5:30-7:30 P.M.
- Northern District: Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, 1050 McAllister Street,
- Park District: 1950 Page Street, 1:00-6:00 P.M.
- Richmond District: Anza Mini Park, 461-6th Avenue (directly behind Richmond Station),
- Ingleside District: Miraloma Park Improvement Club, 350 O’Shaughnessy Blvd.,
- Taraval District: Minnie and Lovie Ward Park Recreation Center, 650 Capitol Ave.,
11:00 A.M.-9:00 P.M.
- Tenderloin District: Tenderloin Recreation Center, 570 Ellis Street, 5:00-7:00 P.M.
For additional information please contact:
SFPD Community Relations Unit