Welcome to the SFPD Wilderness Adventure Youth Program
Established in 1981 the Wilderness Program brings San Francisco’s inner city youth together with the city’s police officers to share positive and challenging outdoor adventures.
For more information, visit sfpdwilderness.com
Purpose of the Program:
- Breakdown barriers and foster better relations between police officers, youth, teachers, parents and the community.
- Develop leadership, communications skills, teamwork, as well as build self-confidence, self-respect and an understanding of one’s own abilities and possibilities.
- Help our youth experience life outside their urban environment and gain an appreciation and respect for nature and the world around them.
We Accomplish This Through:
- Day Hikes
- River Rafting
During the school year, the program provides services to youth from the San Francisco Unified School District.
During the summer, the program provides services to youth from the Boys and Girls Clubs of San Francisco and various other community agencies.
Officers that would like to participate on our wilderness adventures can contact:
Officer Karl Ma
Officer Michael Rivera
630 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA. 94110
Web site: sfpdwilderness.com
The Wilderness Program works in partnership with:
- The San Francisco Unified School District
- Boys and Girls Clubs of San Francisco
- Environmental Traveling Companions
- San Francisco Recreation and Park Department
- Blue Water Foundation
- National Park Service
- California State Parks
Supporters of the SFPD Wilderness Program
We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit board, staffed totally by volunteers. We were established in 1994 to provide funding and community support for the San Francisco Police Department’s Wilderness Program
155 Montgomery Street, 12th Floor
San Francisco, CA. 94104
Web site: sfpdwilderness.org
Board of Directors:
Tim Foley (President)
Lee Stimmel (Secretary)
Kyle Childress (Treasurer)
Bob Bogiages (Member)
Leonard Lee (Member)
Tom Johnson (Member)
Rick Tally (Member)