Roll Call; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for a time period determined by the Chair on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under the Police Commission Rules of Order, during the Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
2. Commission Reports (DISCUSSION ONLY)
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
- Proposed amendments to Police Commission Disciplinary Hearing Rules
3. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
4. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
5. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Discussion and possible action to decide penalty for disciplinary charges filed in case no. C04-137 (ACTION ITEM)
(The Commission will allow each party an optional thirty (30) minutes for oral closing argument in the penalty phase)
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Hearing and Taking of Evidence and possible action to sustain or not sustain Disciplinary Charges filed in Case No. C10-169 (ACTION ITEM)
6. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
7. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will hold a Special Meeting next month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will meet at the Embarcadero Conference Center, Promenade Level, Embarcadero Four, San Francisco, at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 2, 2010 to discuss its mission, responsibilities, rules and objectives.