July 06, 2010
"Be Heard, Teach Peace" Press Conference
San Francisco Police in partnership with Community Leaders encourge and provide a peaceful way for the community to express their feelings regarding the Johannes Mehserle trial.
Chief George Gascon
Reverend Roland Gordon of the Ingleside United Presbyterian
Reverend Lawrence Hart of the Paradise Missionary Baptist Church
Reverend Amos Brown of the Third Baptist Church
"Be Heard, Teach Peace!"
July 6-8, 2010 SF Community
Outreach Engagement Event
Three, one day events, each day held at a different location:
Tuesday - July 6, 2010 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm at the Joseph Lee Recreation Center, 1395 Mendell Street
Wednesday - July 7, 2010 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm at the Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, 1399 McAllister Street.
Thursday - July 8, 2010 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm at the Visitacion Middle School, 450 Raymond Street.
Activities Planned at Each Location:
- Write message to the San Francisco Community
- Express your opinions and feelings
- Free hotdog, food, and drinks
- Paid for with donations from APOA, OFJ, and businesses
- Open "microphone" speaker forum
- Encourage youths to speak-out
- Provide grounds and equipment for sports
- Allow youths to engage in athletic games
Click here to view or to download the PDF slides from the press conference.
850 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA. 94103
Tel (415) 734-3280 / Fax (415) 734-3282