Roll Call; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Reports to the Commission (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Chief’s Report
- Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
b. OCC Director’s Report
- Review of Recent Activities
c. Commission Reports
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
2. Captain Daniel McDonagh, Commanding Officer of Southern Station, to address the Commission on Police Activities in the Southern District (DISCUSSION ONLY)
3. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for a time period determined by the Chair on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda.
Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners orDepartment personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are
not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
4. Routine Administrative Business (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Commission Announcements
- Assignment of disciplinary charges filed in Case No. ALW C09-175 to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner
b. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings
5. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
6. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
7. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7: PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary matters (DISCUSSION ONLY)
7. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
8. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its Community Meeting in the Southern District, Treasure Island, Casa de la Vista, Building 271, 191 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, September 30, 2009, to hear comments from the public and Southern Station Captain Daniel McDonagh concerning public protections issues in the Southern District.