Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for up to three minutes on
items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
2. Approval of the Consent Calendar (ACTION ITEM)
a. Request of the Chief of Police to accept a donation of $75.00, from Carl and Evelyn Grossman, for the use of the SFPD Canine Unit. The donation is in memory of Retired Police Officer Frank O'Leary
3. Chief=s Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
b. Status Report re: Patrol Special Officers
4. OCC Director's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
5. Commission Reports (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Commission President's Repot
b. Commissioners' Reports
c. Presentation of the Police Commission's bi-monthly report of Closed Session Disciplinary Actions (Veronese Resolution)
6. Discussion and possible action to adopt a resolution requiring the Chief of Police, or his or her designee, to notify each Police Commissioner, via telephone or electronic messaging, when certain events occur (ACTION ITEM)
7. Approval of the minutes for the meetings of July 11, 2007 and July 18, 2007 (ACTION ITEM)
8. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Reassignment of Case No. C03-190 JWA to Commissioner Lee
b. Reassignment of Case No. C04-106 JWA to Commissioner Lee
c. Reassignment of Case No. D03-364 JWA to Commissioner Mazzucco
d. Reassignment of Case No. C04-039 JWA to Commissioner Mazzucco
e. Reassignment of Case No. D03-348 JWA to Commissioner Mazzucco
f. Reassignment of Case No. D03-199 JWA to Commissioner Mazzucco
g. Reassignment of Case No. C07-076 ALW to Commissioner Veronese
9. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
10. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
11. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
12. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary matters in Case No. C06-181 JCT, C06-183 JCT, C06-184 JCT, C06-185 JCT, C06-186 JCT, C06-187 JCT, and C06-188 JCT (DISCUSSION ONLY)
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b):
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Discussion and possible action to grant or deny motion to continue disciplinary trial in Case No. C06-119 KMO (ACTION ITEM)
c. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b):
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Public Employee appointment: OCC Director (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
(Reconvene to Open Session)
13. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
14. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its Community Meeting in the Northern District, at Claire Lilienthal Elementary School, 3630 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, August 29, 2007, to hear comments from the public and Northern Station Captain Croce Casciato concerning public protections issues in the Northern District.
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. Public comment is limited to three minutes for individuals and representatives of organizations.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at www.ci.sf.ca.us/bdsupvrs/sunshine
There is no metadata defined.
Web Alert Settings:
Web Alerts are disabled.
Email From Address not specified.
Default Message not specified.
Unsubscribe Message not specified.
Opt Out message not specified.
No subscriptions are enabled on the folder.
The location to the Asynchronous Data Processor is not specified.