(Please note early start time 5:00 p.m.)
(CLOSED SESSION) Roll Call.
1. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
2. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
3. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Request for back-pay of suspension dates in Disciplinary Case No. C06-024 JCT (ACTION ITEM)
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Discussion and possible action to grant Motion to Dismiss disciplinary charges in Case No. C03-0145 CCL (ACTION ITEM)
c. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b):
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Public Employee appointment: Policy Analyst (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call,
4. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
5. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for up to three minutes on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
6. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
b. Presentation re: SFPD Medicinal Marijuana Policy
7. OCCDirector's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
8. Discussion and possible action to adopt Procedures implementing the use of Hearing Officers for Commission disciplinary cases (ACTION ITEM)
9. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Reassignment of the following disciplinary cases to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner:
- C03-123 JWF
- C06-030 SL, C06-031 SL, C06-032 SL, C06-033 SL, C06-034 SL, & C06-035 SL
- C07-014 SM
- C07-039 ALW
10. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its May Community Meeting in the Southern District, south of Market, at the Gene Friend Recreation Center, 270 Sixth Street, San Francisco, at 5:00 p.m., on Wednesday, May 30, 2007, to hear comments from the public and Southern Station Captain Denis O'Leary concerning public protections issues in the Southern District.
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667