Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for up to three minutes on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
2. Discussion and possible action to adopt findings on disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File Nos. C04-105 JWA, C04-113 JWA, and C04-126 JWA) (ACTION ITEM)
The Commission may decide to consider Item No. 2 in whole or in part in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code sections 54957(b), and S.F. Administrative Code sections 67.10(b), in which case:
a. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session
b. Vote on whether to convene to Closed Session
c. Reconvene to open session:
i. Possible report on action taken in Closed Session, pursuant to Government Code section 54957.1 and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(b).
ii. Vote whether to disclose any or all of the discussions held in Closed Session pursuant to S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(a)
3. Discussion and possible action to adopt a resolution regarding procedures for stipulated disposition of disciplinary charges (ACTION ITEM)
4. Chief=s Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
5. OCC Director=s Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
6. Approval of minutes for the meeting of October 4, 2006 (ACTION ITEM)
7. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Assignment of disciplinary case no. C06-142 JCT to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner
8. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
9. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting next month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold a Special Meeting on Saturday, November 4, 2006, at the Police Academy, 350 Amber Drive, San Francisco, to receive advanced training with respect to the Department=s Operations and Procedures.
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667