Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call.
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
2. Discussion and possible action to adopt statement of decision denying the following motions in the matter of Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File No. C041-26 JWA and C04-113 JWA): (ACTION ITEM)
a. Motion to dismiss disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File No. C04-126 JWA) under Government Code 3304(d);
b. Motion to dismiss disciplinary charges filed against Lieutenant Jerry Lankford (File Nos. C04-113 JWA & C04-126 JWA) on the grounds that the alleged charges are unconstitutional and filed as a pretext for unlawful race-based employment discrimination.
The Commission may decide to consider Item No. 2, in whole or in part, in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b)(1) and S.F. Administrative Code Section 67.10(b). In which case:
a. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session
b. Vote on whether to convene to Closed Session
c. Reconvene to open session:
i. Possible report on action taken in Closed Session, pursuant to Government Code section 54957.1 and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(b).
ii. Vote whether to disclose any or all of the discussions held in Closed Session pursuant to S.F. Administrative Code section 67.12(a)
3. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
b. Update on Officer-Involved Shooting (OIS) #007-05 per Department General Order 8.11
c. Summary Report on current OIS Investigations
4. OCCDirector's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
5. Approval of minutes for the meetings of September 14, 2005 and January 18, 2006 (ACTION ITEM)
6. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Notice of filing of amended disciplinary charges filed against Officer Matthew P. Tongsing (File No. C03-094 JWA)
7. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its Community Meeting at the Northern District, Rosa Parks Elementary School, 1501O'Farrell Street, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, February 22, 2006, to hear comments from the public and Mission Station Captain Kevin Dillon concerning public protections issues in the Northern District.