Position Title: Internships
Thank you for inquiring about our internship program. The San Francisco Police Department offers an unpaid college internship for students who are interested in exploring career options within law enforcement. Orientation for this program takes place three times a year:
You will be notified of the time and place for orientation after your application packet is reviewed. In order to be considered, applicants must be enrolled in a college level program, pass a background check, and be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
Letters of interest and resumes should be submitted to:
1245 3rd Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, Ca 94158
- Must be 18 or older at the time of application.
- Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university, with a minimum course load of 12 semesters units (18 quarter units) and a minimum 2.0 GPA. A copy of current course registration and/or grade report must be submitted with application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Must be a citizen by the time of appointment.
- Must have a driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must not have a felony conviction or convictions that prohibit ownership, possession, or control of a firearm.
Must work a minimum of 12 hours a week.
Will try to arrange college credit through your college for your time.
You will be placed in the unit with SFPD that you are interested in.
(based on openings and qualifications)
Last updated: 4/14/2015 3:44:16 PM