San Francisco's Finest
POLICE OFFICER DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Patrolling their districts, responding to calls for service, conducting investigations, writing reports, pursuing and detaining suspects, and making arrests
- Participating in community policing programs.
- Enforcing traffic and parking laws.
- Working with superiors, peers, and other Department personnel.
- Preparing for and participating in planned events.
- Preparing for and attending court.
- Participating in self-development activities.
The current annual entry-level salary for Police Officers is:
$80,574 to $112,164
POLICE OFFICERS' BENEFITS' ARE:
- 10 paid vacation days a year during the first five years of service.
- 15 paid vacation days a year during the next 10 years of service.
- 20 paid vacation days a year after 15 years of service.
- 4 floating holidays.
- 13 paid sick days a year and several healthcare plans.
- Bilingual pay and special assignment pay.
- Retirement benefits: 3% of final compensation per year of service at age 58, with a maximum of 90% benefit based on years of service.
The Behavioral Science Unit:
Employee Assistance Program.
Crisis Incident Response Team (C.I.R.T.)
Peer Support Program.
Catastrophic Illness Program.
Psychological Professionals (United Behavioral Health)
Stress Unit-Chemical Dependency.
Psychiatric Liason Unit.
Last updated: 11/12/2013 9:51:48 AM