San Francisco Police Cadet Program
The Department is not presently accepting applications for Police Cadets. However, this web page will be updated as information becomes available. Below is a description of this position.
Position Title: POLICE CADET
Hourly: $12.60. Cadets work 20 hours a week while attending school and 40 hours a week during vacations.
- Must be 18 or older at the time of application.
- Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university, with a minimum course load of 12 semesters units (18 quarter units) and a minimum 2.0 GPA. A copy of current course registration and/or grade report must be submitted with application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Must be a citizen by the time of appointment.
- Must have a driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must not have a felony conviction or convictions that prohibit ownership, possession, or control of a firearm.
- Written test that will measure reading and writing ability.
- Oral test that will measure reading and writing ability.
- Employment, character, and background investigation.
- Polygraph test.
- Psychological examination.
- Medical examination.
Candidates who pass the written examination may be interviewed to evaluate their interpersonal skills and other abilities not tested by other examination components.
Duties (Under direct supervision);
- Enter and retrieve information in Department computers.
- Maintain and file police reports.
- Issue vehicle releases.
- Answer public questions about Department policies and procedures.
- Direct traffic.
- Drive an unmarked police car to deliver documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
Last updated: 9/25/2009 11:11:42 AM