$80,574 to $118,898
$5,000 Signing Bonus*
The San Francisco Police Department is seeking Peace Officers with valid POST certification and 2 years of continuous patrol experience to consider joining the premier law enforcement agency in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
The San Francisco Police Department offers:
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with your POST Certificate and education. Salary will be consistent with the stipulations provided in the SFPD POA Labor Agreement.
- Retirement reciprocity is available for some law enforcement agencies
- 3% at 58
- Abbreviated 8 week Police Academy
- Opportunities for promotional opportunities and career development via transfer to specialized units, including:
- SWAT Team
- Plainclothes Work
- Canine Unit
- Motorcycle Enforcement
- Explosives Ordnance Disposal
- Mounted Patrol
- Airport Bureau
- Youth Programs
- Marine Unit
Does this sound interesting? To learn more about the SFPD, we have a member of the SFPD Recruitment Staff who is available to answer your questions. If you are interested, he will collect your information and send you information material.
Contact the SFPD today!
Officer Edwin Gaffud
Lateral Recruitment Officer
If you wish to be placed on the Lateral interest list, please e-mail me the following information:
- current or former agency
- years of patrol experience
- personal cell/email address
Please call or email for lateral transfer test dates.
*Upon completion of Field Training Program (FTO)
Police Officer Employment Information
General Information and Qualifications
Salary and Benefits
Application and Selection Procedures
Lateral Entry Program
List of Current Job Openings
Background Unit / Current Candidate Info
The Physical Ability Test
Frequently Asked Questions
Have Questions? Contact the San Francisco Police Department Recruitment Unit
850 Bryant Street, Room 577-15A, San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: 415-734-3331 or 415-734-3332