General Information and Qualifications
San Francisco's Finest
TO QUALIFY TO TAKE THE POLICE OFFICER EXAMINATION, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 20 years old (there is no maximum age limit).
- Be a U.S. citizen. There is no residency requirement.
- Have a valid driver license.
- Not have been convicted of a felony in California or of an act in any other state or Federal jurisdiction or in any other county that would have been a felony if committed in California or any misdemeanor that carries a penalty prohibiting ownership, possession, or control of a firearm.
TO BE HIRED, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- a U.S. high school diploma or
- a G.E.D. or
- California High School Proficiency examination or
- two-year / four year degree from an accredited college or university in the United States
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Successfully complete all components of the Police Officer examination and the background investigation process.
Last updated: 11/12/2013 1:29:02 PM